Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Digi Tip - Creating a contracted stroke outline

Hi! Sharon here today to share a digi tip using PSE.  Here's a layout I was creating using Amber's The Sky is the Limit template:

I felt like the picture needed to stand out a little more and wanted it to mimic the bricks of the paper, but didn't want to do the same old stroke outline or border.  So, I...
~Selected the photo layer and hit Ctrl+Click (mac: Command+Click) and get marching ants around the photo.
~Go to select/modify/contract:
~For this photo I contracted 25 pixels, but it's personal preference how much you want to contract on your photo
~Then create a new layer above the photo:
~With the new layer selected, go to edit/stroke (outline) selection
~This is where you will decide how many pixels you want your outline to be, what color, and location of outline:
~I chose 10 pixels, the white color from the ribbons on my layout, and inside location.
Here's my final layout using this technique:
Layout using Sky is the Limit Template by Amber Morrison
The Photographer by Pixelily Designs
I think this subtle touch helps draw your eye to the photo.  I hope that you try this technique on your next layout!
Hope you have a fabulous day!
~Sharon

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great tip, thanks!

Suzanne said...

Great tip, thanks!

poki said...

Finally had a chance to try this - excellent tip! Love the look, and can't wait to try it in a layout!

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, however
I thought this post was once great. I do not understand who
you are but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger when you
are not already. Cheers!

Also visit my web blog - bmi calculator for adults

Anonymous said...

buy propecia online can see results propecia - propecia reviews