Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saw it on Pinterest

Kari here with another Saw it on Pinterest post.  Today I'm going to share the best, yummiest peach cobbler recipe.  On the pin I saw it on originally, they are crediting Paula Deen with the recipe.  But to tell you the truth, my Grandmama made her cobblers this way, so I'm going to credit this to my Grandmama.  I had hers long before I even heard of Paula Deen.  ;)

Ingredients:
4 cups peeled, sliced peaches (can use frozen - I used 3 1 lb bags)
2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 1/2 cups milk
Ground cinnamon, optional

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
__________________________________
This is mine, pre-baking.
And here it is, in all it's bubbly, yummy, gooey goodness:
I had to fight the kids off to get the after shot.  This is so easy, so fast and oh SO delicious.  On the off chance you have leftovers, refrigerate.  This peach cobbler is good warmed up, too.  But well, we never have leftovers in my house.  I made this for a crop I went to, that's how I found out it's just as yummy warmed up.  ;)  Cause I never have any leftover at home!  Hope you find this as good as I did!  

No comments: