Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saw it on Pinterest!

Kari here to tell you about something I saw on Pinterest.  With Father's day coming up here in the US, I wanted to do a little something extra for my husband, since our boys & I are 1,000 miles away this year for Father's Day.  (Our lease was up, the hubs is retiring from the Marine Corps & we figured it'd be a great idea to spend the summer with my parents.)  I saw this on Pinterest, an idea so simple & sweet I can't believe I never thought of it! 
(Photo credits to Debs, a Super Busy Mum at http://superbusymum.blogspot.com/ )
First what I did was cut out the words using my Pazzles cutter. (LOVE this thing!!)
 I did a second one for my Dad, too. 
 I used the Gunplay font, which can be found here.  I used this stencil looking font so the insides of the e, a & d shows up.  I tried a couple different fonts (I personally prefer a pretty flowy kind of font, but it didn't show the shadows very well) before I found one that showed up in the shadows the way I wanted.
It didn't come out as clear as I would have liked, but when you have 2 kids complaining about the heat & it's 90* F at 9 AM, well...you work with what you got.  lol
While I think this is just about the sweetest thing, as a scrapper, I can't just give my hubs or dad just a picture.  Sooooo, I took Amber's Thankful Greetings card templates (can be found here) & Bright Side of the Road by Kimeric Designs.  I wanted my final product to be 5x7, so I tweaked Amber's templates just a little.    
This is my final project, off to the printer:
Printed & framed: 
(Remind me to NEVER use a certain big box store to print again - they weren't true to size & I had to do some trimming)
And ready to be opened!  My dad gets to open his on Sunday, my hubby won't until we see him in August.
I hope you enjoyed today's I Saw it on Pinterest post!  If you've seen something fabulous on Pinterest, link us up!  Who knows, your idea might be featured!  And to all the dads out there, including the moms who do it all, the grandads, uncles or the positive male figures - Happy Father's Day!!

1 comment:

Deborah Patrick said...

Wow...they came out fantastic! Go you! We wouldn't of had the sunshine to pull this off this year, sadly! haha!
So your a military wife eh, I'm a military daughter. Its tough huh x