Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Recipe time!

Sharon here to talk about cooking!  My family is a huge meat eating family, so doing any meal without meat had not been in my vocabulary.  I decided we needed to change our diets a little over time, so now we have one meatless day a week.  Not bad for a carnivore family, right?!  I always get my vegetarian meal inspiration from blogs and recipe websites and came across this fabulous one pot meatless dish at Apron Strings and thought I would tweak it a little and give it a try.

Here's my take on their wonderful recipe:

Ingredients
I put one tablespoon of oil in pan and sauteed the diced onion and garlic for a few minutes then added the 14.5 oz tomatoes with liquid (I used fire roasted), 32 oz vegetable broth, 12 oz of the linquini, mushrooms and 3/4 of the basil. 

Here's everyone in the party!
Then I let this all simmer together until almost all of the liquid was gone stirring occasionally about 10-12 minutes. Then added the spinach to let it wilt for a minute.  Add salt and pepper as needed (I didn't add any salt to mine because the vegetable broth and feta both have plenty of salt).  I chopped up the remaining 1/4 basil and added some to each plate as well as the feta cheese (if you don't like feta you could add parmesan cheese instead).

Viola!
My meat eating family loved this vegetarian dish and my hubby actually went back for seconds!  I couldn't believe how simple yet flavorful this dish was.  I hope you enjoy this recipe and would love to hear what you think!

Have a fabulous day!
~Sharon



No comments: